About the Journal
Aims and Scope
Advancements in health technology have allowed physicians to better diagnose and treat their patients since the beginning of the professional practice of medicine. The journal of Health Technology (Health Technol; HT; ISSN 2616-2717) focuses on the most recent advances within a wide scope of disciplines, encompassing biomedical engineering, and computer and information science for healthcare. It plays as a professional and comprehensive platform for readership of biomedical and electrical engineers, physical and computer scientists, and mathematicians around the world to share the latest ideas and advances through rapid online publication of original healthcare technology research.
The journal welcomes a wide range of submission types, including high-quality research, clinical trials reports, technique reports, review articles, video clips, editorial letter, etc. Articles will be solicited from recognized experts in these fields, while submissions for peer review will also be considered. The high quality of its content is assured by a rigorous review process, supervised by a strong editorial board.
We hope it can establish a platform to broaden knowledge in this interdisciplinary field not only for experts but for patients.
Exemplary general topics within the journal’s scope are:
1. Medical and Biological Engineering:
- Nano biomaterials
- Wearable Electronics Sensors
- Design of science and technology
- Optical instruments
- Microscopy, Tissue engineering, bio-inspired materials
- Intelligent products
- Rehabilitation technology
- Bio-robotics, surgical planning and biomechanics
- Therapeutic and diagnostic systems, devices and technologies
- Clinical engineering
2. Medical Information Technology:
- Big Data in Biology and Medicine
- The innovations of precision medicine / Precision Medicine Initiative
- Biomedical signal processing
- Biomedical imaging and image processing
- Information about the internet of things
- Applications of Evidence‐Based Medicine(EBM)
- Medical and hospital informatics
- Telemedicine, e-health and home care methods
- Public health
The Official Publication of:
Taiwan Society of Engineering Technology and Practical Medicine (TSETPM)
Information for Authors
HT follows the ICMJE recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journal and the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE)'s guidelines.
Manuscripts submitted must be the original work of the author(s) and must not be published previously or under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Submission Turnaround Time
- In-house review: 1-3 weeks
- External peer review: 1-3 months
- Publication Ahead of Print: within 1 month after being accepted
- Formal publication: within 1-3 months after being accepted. Original Articles are listed as priority.
Open Access Statement
Health Technology is a peer reviewed, open access journal. All content of the journal is published under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial- NoDerivatives 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0). All articles published open access will be immediately and permanently free for all to read, download, copy and distribute as defined by the applied license.
Free access and usage
Permitted third party reuse is defined by the CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 license. This license allows users to copy and distribute the article, provided:
- this is not done for commercial purposes and further does not permit distribution of the Article if it is changed or edited in any way.
- the user gives appropriate credit (with a link to the formal publication through the relevant DOI) and provides a link to the license but not in an any way implying that the licensor is endorsing the user or the use of the work.
- no derivatives including remix, transform, or build upon the material was allowed for distribution.
For open access publishing, this journal uses an exclusive licensing agreement. Authors will transfer copyright to HT, but will have the right to share their article in the same way permitted to third parties under the relevant user license, as well as certain scholarly usage rights.
For any inquiry/special circumstance on the copyright, commercial usage or adaptation of HT articles, please contact: email@example.com
For reprint order, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
HT is published by AME Publishing Company.
Address: Flat/RM C 16F, Kings Wing Plaza 1, NO. 3 on Kwan Street, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong, China.
Updated on June 22, 2020